Tis the season for salads! This one packs a punch of flavor with only four to five ingredients. Sweet grape tomatoes balanced with mild feta and fresh parsley, tossed in lemon juice. Throw in an avocado or cucumber, and you’ve got yourself a beautiful bowl of sunshine!
Last night we served this tomato salad with grilled California turkey burgers, a recipe I’ve revised a bit to add more flavor and juiciness. These burgers have always gotten a thumbs up around here, but the recipe needed a few tweaks to give the turkey an extra boost. Give these burgers a try! They contain no processed, bottled or packaged marinades/mixes. Just a few staples from your fridge for a juicy, tasty burger.
This tomato salad is great either as a burger topper or as a vegetarian side dish with just about anything this time of year. Jane loves it with avocado. Jake loves it with cucumber. Can’t please ‘em all, all the time. But I’ll take it. They’re not eating Cheetos. Life is good.
Happy weekend, everyone! Shake that booty!
Tomato Feta Salad
Prep time: 10 minutes
- 1 pint grape tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 avocado, thinly sliced (or 1 cucumber, thinly sliced)
- 2 oz feta cheese, crumbled
- 2 Tbsp (or so) fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp fresh lemon juice (about one-quarter of a lemon)
- freshly ground pepper to taste
- Stir together all ingredients in a medium bowl. Serve as a burger/sandwich topper or as a side dish. So refreshing!